We are seeking a highly skilled, professional technical manager to lead our dynamic and growing team. In this position, you will be primarily responsible for the 24/7 operation of mission critical server and network functionality. Servers include IBM iSeries, Linux, and Windows machines. This position requires an individual who works well under pressure and in challenging situations.
The position will be report to the IT Manager.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities, and Key Responsibilities
- Provide continuous server and network monitoring for iSeries, Linux, and Windows based servers
- Provide ongoing user support
- Maintain program updates and deployments, hardware and operating system updates and replacements
- Develop and motivate a team of in-house and 3rd party talent to support and manage solutions and technologies
- Deliver calm, solutions-oriented approaches to various everyday problems
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience working in IT operations
- Extensive experience with IBM iSeries platform
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices