Habegger Corporation is a dynamic sales and wholesale HVAC distribution company that is nationally recognized as an industry leader. Habegger Corporation is family owned and run. Habegger is the 7th largest HVAC distributor in the U.S. and the largest independent Bryant distributor in North America. In 2022 Habegger celebrated it's 70th anniversary of serving customers first. We employ over 650 people with over 14,000 cumulative years of HVAC expertise. The Habegger Corporation is an award winning company, receiving consistent recognition, awards and accolades from our manufacturing partners and other industry organizations.
As a Warehouse Manager, you’ll contribute to the success of the warehouse by coordinating the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse. You will design and develop product movement and storage systems, improve operations, and support the front-line staff. Responsibilities include creating cost efficient solutions, delivery management, picking process coordination, continuous improvement on processes, servicing customers, and providing a safe environment across all shifts. You’ll be responsible for developing a team and fostering a successful team environment.
A Warehouse Manager has excellent management skills, is organized, has the ability to multi-task, prioritize and is detail oriented.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities, and Key Responsibilities
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures while aligning with legal regulations
- Maintain quality standards of products
- Ensures smooth delivery of products for the Customers
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to the overall strategic plan
- Reviews and prepares any action plans while ensuring productivity, quality, and customer service standards are met
- Builds a capable staff through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for the front-line hourly personnel
- Develops and motivates team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Delivers effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing employee impact
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to assist team in solving operational issues
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements
- Maintains processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping
- Understands warehouse scanner technology to execute daily updates, run productivity reports, and manage scanner processes
- Troubleshoots all receiving and shipping issues to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent re-occurrence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in management, operations, or business
- Five years of operations/logistics or supply chain experience preferred with two or more years of supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems
- Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to lead a team for effective decision making
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Customer focused
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- A solid mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs